2020 exposed our most valuable commodity — time.
PLUS ONE found light in the darkness of a pandemic, uprisings and immeasurable injustices by building capacity to continue our mission of leveraging the power of sports and entertainment to uplift and amplify social justice movements in a new headquarters located in DTLA.
As a marketing and events agency focused on social justice and racial equity, our work throughout the year laddered up to tangible results driven by our clients and partners’ shared goals for social impact:
- Election of Los Angeles District Attorney (George Gascon)
- Announced Sweeping Criminal Justice Policy Reform
- 10,000 Incarcerated Individuals Participated in our Unprecedented Events
- Provided Over $20K Worth of PPE to (5) State Prisons in the U.S.
- Raised Over $200K in Donations Through PLUS ONE Produced Events
- Supported Election of the First (not the last) Woman of Color Vice President
- Assisted in Passing Prop 17, AB 376 and Blocking Prop 20 in CA
- Influenced Policy Reform (SB 13) in OH
- Advanced Aggressive Criminal Justice Reform Plans in WI
Our 2020 progress was driven by PLUS ONE curated campaigns and conversations with celebrities and system-impacted individuals as well as a mix of the following live and virtual events:
- Just Mercy + Super Bowl
- Sacramento Kings + Syncopated Ladies
- Play for Justice: All-Star Edition
- Los Angeles Rams + Brian Banks
- Play for Justice: Cleveland Cavaliers
- Influential Justice
- #MasksForThePeople LIVE FREE Campaign
- Into Action
- GOTV Common Concert
- Elect Justice CA
Additionally, PLUS ONE is excited to announce that in 2021 we will be expanding into Portland, Or — hometown of our CEO + Executive Producer Kristen Ingram.