In honor of Black History Month, PLUS ONE society had the opportunity to produce the #MyBlackIsTheBlueprint campaign in partnership with Self Enhancement Inc., a nonprofit organization located in Portland, Oregon, dedicated to guiding underserved youth to realize their full potential.
In honor of #WomensHistoryMonth, we want to continue acknowledging Black being the blueprint by highlighting Black women who have exemplified the true meaning of Black excellence while contributing to society and who continue to create inroads.
- Chloe Arnold is a professional international tap dancer, Emmy-nominated choreographer, actress, director, producer and founder of Syncopated Ladies. Learn more about Chloe Arnold here.
- Destinee Graham is Canadian-born, Los Angeles-based founder of Kiki Kreme, a skincare line with 100% vegan and organic multipurpose body butter. Graham created this product while pregnant with her child. Learn more about Destinee and Kiki Kreme here. Use discount code POS20 to receive 20% off of Kiki Kreme products.
- Stephanie Williams is the creator and founder of Oh-Mazing Foods. Her alternative snacks became a hit in her family and she then went on to develop the perfect granola recipe for her company and for everyone to enjoy. Learn more about Stephanie and Oh-Mazing here.
- Maud Arnold is an international tap dancer, entrepreneur and founding member of Syncopated Ladies. She has performed for Beyoncé’s Ivy Park activewear clothing line launch and on ABC’s Good Morning America, The Ellen Show and numerous sold-out concerts in the U.S. and abroad. Learn more about Maud Arnold here.
- Dr. Priscilla Johnson is a Water Resource Engineer and founder of Eco Daisy, which provides eco-friendly products safe for the planet, people & pets. Dr. Johnson has been an environmentalist since she was 13 years old and was always aware of the toxic ingredients she found in cleaning products. Learn more about Dr. Johnson and Eco Daisy here. Click here to receive a discount on Eco Daisy products.
- Tommi Vincent is an author, podcast host, chef, public speaker and accredited transformation coach. She has made speaking appearances for Essence Festival, Soul Magazine, The Undefeated and more. Vincent has two podcasts, “Stay A While Podcast”, and “Stay A While Cooking Show.” Vincent also hosts her annual Vincent Country Women’s retreat which is a three-day gathering for women to reach and search for emotional nourishment. Learn more about Tommi Vincent here.
- Erika Jordan is an all-around entrepreneur and founder of Janee Se Quoi, Inc. She specializes in global brand expansion, business development strategy and events. Learn more about Erika Jordan here.
- Tamara Brown is the co-founder of Black Adoption Matters, an organization dedicated to decreasing the number of Black children in foster care, group homes, and aging out of the system. She is also Chief of Staff at Think Common Entertainment and President of Imagine Justice, whose mission is to bring justice to communities of color where bias, injustice and disparities exist. Learn more about Tamara here.
- LaToya Kamara Manley is a marketing and merchandising maven and is the Director of Global Footwear Product for the Jordan Women’s brand at Nike. Her expertise in marketing has led her to work at other big companies such as Converse and Adidas. She is passionate about brand leadership and initiatives to improve products through creative processes. Learn more about LaToya Kamara Manley here.
Join us in celebrating our favorite Black women with practical action – follow them on social media, share their content, purchase their products and services!
“Our unity is our strength, and our diversity is our power.” – Kamala Harris