2021 established a new meaning for resourcefulness at PLUS ONE society – community.
PLUS ONE ushered in the year with solid intentions to make up for lost time and get back to producing live events in the “new normal.”
As a marketing and events agency focused on social justice and racial equity, our work throughout the year yielded tangible results driven by our clients’ and partners’ shared goals for social impact:
- Garnered over $600K in Promotional Media Value for Regina King’s Directorial Debut of One Night in Miami for Amazon Prime
- Raised $625K for LIVE FREE to continue its work creating a movement of community safety
- Produced the Black Panther Party Celebration of Activism and Play for Justice: Indiana Pacers
- Provided over 40 Black-owned Businesses with an opportunity to leverage the $20MM media pledge by NBCU
- Curated System-Impacted Art Installation for NYC Cannabis-Inspired Pop-up Activation
- Directed Funds from Khris Middleton to (15) Incarcerated Fathers’ Children
- Advised Fox & Rob Richardson Campaign to End Life Without Parole in the U.S.
We were fortunate to receive investments from Fiserv and Jrue & Lauren Holiday that enabled us to be a resource for other deserving Black women in the community.
In recognition of our exemplary social impact work and innovative approach of leveraging hip hop to advocate for policy reform, PLUS ONE was honored to receive the 2021 Trailblazer Award Presented by PDX Hip Hop Week as well as a Telly Award for our production of Play for Justice.
Additionally, PLUS ONE is excited to announce that in 2022 our CEO + Executive Producer Kristen Renee Ingram will be pursuing a Masters of Arts in Justice and Advocacy at Fuller Theological Seminary which will further inform the work at PLUS ONE to “do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with God.”
Social justice is LOVE applied to systems, policies and cultures and spreading that LOVE is our movement.